Gary W. Kendell
Gary has been practicing law for more than 25 years. He represents clients in Iowa and Wisconsin in wrongful death, personal injury, auto and trucking accident, employment discrimination and harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour class action, premises liability, general litigation, divorce and criminal defense cases.
Gary is a seasoned litigator having tried more than 80 jury trials to verdict as first chair and has experience trying cases in rural, suburban and urban Courts all across Iowa. He is an excellent strategist and uses his skills and more than 25 years of experience to provide effective and well thought out representation for his clients to help them best achieve their particular goals.
Outside of work, Gary volunteers his time helping with the activities that his children are involved in serving in various volunteer, coaching and leadership roles. He has served as Vice President and President of the Home & School Association as well as Co-Chair of the annual fundraiser auction for Sacred Heart School in West Des Moines. Through the years, Gary has served as a member and executive board member for numerous non-profit organizations on the national, state and local level.
In his free time, Gary enjoys spending time with his family and friends, traveling, golfing and honing his foosball skills. Gary lives in Des Moines with his wife Ann and their two children, Elizabeth and Holden.
- Iowa, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1999
- Wisconsin, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1997
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
- B.A. – 1993
- Major: Political Science & Economics
- Minor: Speech Communications
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Polk County Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member
- Iowa Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Delta Theta Phi
- Phi Delta Theta
Honors and Awards
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Top 25 Motor Vehicle Lawyers