James R. Hinchliff
Local: (515) 223-4567
Fax: (515) 223-8887 | Email: E-mail Me
Jim represents clients in the areas of divorce, litigation, child custody/visitation, taxation, child support, appeals, business law, juvenile law, contracts, and corporate law. Prior to joining Shindler, Anderson, Goplerud & Weese P.C., Jim represented clients in a general practice law firm in Perry, Iowa. During his time in general practice, he gained experience in criminal law, tax preparation, estate planning, and real estate law. Jim is also actively engaged with the Iowa State Bar Association as a Member of the Taxation Section Executive Council.
When Jim meets with clients, he focuses his energy on listening and gathering as much information as possible to provide honest advice in times of hardship or prosperity. After listening and gathering information, Jim seeks to provide a plan of action and counsel to his clients while focusing on their interests.
While in law school, Jim had the opportunity to work for a United States District Court Magistrate Judge for two summers, work for a Prosecutor’s Office, and be on the Editorial Staff for the Creighton Law Review, among his active participation in various other activities.
Outside of work, Jim enjoys spending time with his family and participating in various sports and recreational activities. Jim coaches Johnston High School Mock Trial and serves on the City of Grimes Tree Board.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody/Visitation
- Child Support
- Business Law
- Juvenile Law
- Misdemeanor Criminal Defense
- Corporate Law
- Wills & Trusts
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska J.D. — 2014
- Creighton Law Review, Editorial Staff Member
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa B.A. — 2010
- Double Major: Political Science, Anthropology
- Minor: History
Professional Associations and Membership
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association Taxation Section, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association Taxation Executive Section Council, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association Taxation Section Legislative Committee, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association Taxation Section Tax School Committee, Member
- Dallas County Bar Association, Member